Monday, January 18, 2010

Nancy Drew: Model Menace

Title: Nancy Drew: Model Menace

Author: Carolyn Keene

Pages: 160

Age group: 10+

From: Public Library

Genre: Crime/ Mystery

Blurb: I thought I had cracked the case when I found out who was trying to sabotage Sydney's wedding out of jealousy. It's easy to be envious of a gorgeous model betrothed to the hottest reality star on television. But even after I uncovered the villain, things did not go as smoothly as I had hoped. Could Sydney be sabotaging her own wedding due to cold feet?

I know that seems ridiculous, but it also seems ridiculous that someone would want to hurt the kind Sydney in any way. And it seems unlikely that my suspect could have acted alone to ruin the shower. Is it possible that the crook is working with someone else to bring Sydney and her fiancé, Vic, down? I'll need to act fast to catch whoever is up to no good.

Review: I picked up this book from my local library because I used to love Nancy Drew! She's one of the series that got me to like reading! But maybe it's because I didn't read the first book in this trilogy (oops) or maybe it's because I've gotten older but this book wasn't the best Nancy Drew book. 

The writing just didn't seem the same. As you may or not know Carolyn Keene isn't an actual person. It's a group of writers who write Nancy Drew under that name. Maybe it's because this book was only published last year and well I don't know. The story line was okay... And well. Yeah. It was good but not the best.

Recommended for: Nancy Drew and young people who love crime lovers.

 2/5


No comments:

Post a Comment