Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Magic Flutes by Eva Ibbotson

Title: Magic Flutes (Also called The Reluctant Heiress)

Author: Eva Ibbotson

Pages: 354

Age group: 14+

From: School Library

Genre: Historical Fiction, Romance

Blurb: Spring 1922. Tessa is a beautiful, tiny, dark-eyed princess who's given up her duties to follow her heart, working backstage at the Viennese opera. No one there knows who she really is or that a fairy-tale castle is missing its princess - and Tessa is determined to keep it that way.

But secret lives can be complicated. When a wealth handsome Englishman discovers this bewitching urchin backstage, Tessa's two world's collide - and in escaping her inheritance, she finds her destiny...

Review: I really enjoyed this book, though it did take me awhile to get into. In the past I've tried to read it about three times. The reason why I keep picking up this book is because I've read another of Eva's books (The Secret Countess or The Countess Below Stars) and I really enjoyed it!

With both The Secret Countess and Magic Flutes, I think that they drag on a bit in the middle and then the end is rushed! What I really like though, is the way that Eva writes. It's kind of old fashioned but totally enjoyable. 

Overall I recommend this book to people who enjoy historical romance fiction.


3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment