Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods #4) by Melissa de la Cruz

Title: The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods #4)

Author: Melissa de la Cruz

Pages: 369

Age group: 14+

From: Local Library

Genre: Romance, Fantasy (Vampires, Fallen Angels)

Blurb:WARNING IF YOU PLAN TO READ THIS SERIES (Blue Bloods) AND ARE NOT UP TO THIS BOOK I SUGGEST NOT READING THIS BLURB OR REVIEW AS IT MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

 With the stunning revelation surrounding Bliss's true identity comes the growing threat of the sinister Silver Bloods. Once left to live the glamorous life in New York City, the Blue Bloods now find themselves in an epic battle for survival. Not to worry, love is still in the air for the young vampires of the Upper East Side. Or is it? Jack and Schuyler are over. Oliver's brokenhearted. And only the cunning Mimi seems to be happily engaged.

Young, fanged, and fabulous, Melissa de la Cruz's vampires unite in this 
highly anticipated fourth installment of the Blue Bloods series.

Review: I'm here writing this review about a month after reading the book, so forgive me if I get some details wrong.

This book was amazing and yet a let down. Maybe it is because I judge a book, not on only the book but on the authors other works, the characters and also the rest of the series and how this book fits in. 

I felt that in The Van Alen Legacy, some things happened that I didn't want to happen. They just didn't really fit. When I finished this book I thought it was the end of the series because in a way, everything was not perfect, but finished at the end.

The reason I'm giving this book 5 stars is because I would recommend this series, and still enjoyed the book. I have to say though... I think I've just fallen in love.. with Oliver! (I was already in love with Jack, he's my no. 1!)


 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment